No Subject

Astounding musician, saw Egberto  live in the mid 80’s. he played 8 string and piano and sang a bit as well. Gorgeous music. Ralph Towner once told me when I asked him if he had ever worked with Egberto ,  said that they had been gotten together to do a record but that despite what everyone thought, including each other would be an ultimate meeting of minds, they didn’t have a natural chemistry and the project was shelved. Ralph is a fearless improviser and I believe Egberto is not that comfortable in that spontaneous way, more of a methodical composer in the classical sense. Now Ralph Towner on the other hand, The thing that Homer Simpson said once in and episode applies to Ralph. Homer after lassoing the Giant Donut logo from a run away speeding monorail says. “Donuts, is there anything they Can’t do?” I feel the same about Ralph Towner, Is there anything he Can’t do?????? Great guitarist, pianist, synthesizer player, and sound designer, plays several other instruments and of course a magnificent composer like Gismonti. He never gets credit for it but he is a true innovator on the 12 string guitar

Bill