Re: Beer Budget CD Release Strategy as an Alternative to The Way It's Normally Done

Art asked:
"Is anyone out there doing vinyl releases? What would it take to do a
small vinyl production run?"

One thing I'd recommend is to work with a pre-mastering engineer with
vinyl experience. Contrary to CDs which can contain any combination of
ones and zeros, there is audio content which can't be cut in the
mastering phase or which can be cut and pressed, but not played back
properly.

I had in the past also decided that at one time I'd like to do a vinyl
record. However, for me this wouldn't be a "DDA" production as Krispen
suggested - imo it only really makes sense to do it analogue all the
way. An acoustic album, the mikes going through a nice analogue
console with some analogue dynamic processors to a halftrack stereo
machine...(time to dream).

         Rainer