Re: OT Re: DEFINING CULTURAL YEAR of THE DECADE?

Quoting andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>:

> Rick Walker wrote:
>
>> We haven't had a defining cultural year in this past decade yet  (
>> like '68 in the sixties,  '75 in the 70's ,   '82 in the 80's,
>> etc.)
>
> was there anything in the 90's?

Thanks to hard-disk recording technology, large-scale multi-track
recording and electronic music-making became available to millions of
people.  Prior to the 90s, such music-making was available only to a
few elite recording artists.

As far as a defining cultural year in the 90s?  I can't really think
of a specific year.  The emergence of the World Wide Web and changed
everything.

-- Kevin