Re: OT: FCP/E and Intel Mac question(s)

Mark thanks very much.  From all my research it was looking like the Macbook Pro would handle it but I have as I think I said an older ver of FCut HD v4 that I've upg'd to 4.5 which runs a bit on my G4 500mhz however not steadily.  It loads up but generally errors out on rendering any footage beyond @20 sec and my feeling has been that it was never going to work until I got better hw.  I then started learning that that the integrated video on the Macbook was an issue and I was wondering about the older package not working.  In the end I'm pretty sure now (your input has helped) that I'm going to order a previously owned Macbook Pro from Gainsavers.com.  They appear to buy and resell corporate lease machines of all types including Apple.

Have a happy new year and thanks for all the info particularly about Motion.  I was just watching a tutorial on it on CreativeCow.com last night - it was all about the templates.

Jim