Re: OT Tremelos, Choppers and Panners

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> Anyway,   I've gotten quite good at using my fingers to toggle between
>the
> pickups as you say and then use both feet as a kind of syncopated double
> bass drum
> dealy where I'm turning octivers, octave fuzzes and fuzzed boxes on and
>off.
>
> along with octave manipulation of the Line 6  half speed/regular
> speed/double speed petal,
> I can get some really intersesting and unusual rhythms that are all
>manually
> controlled.

Yeah, big point actually that it is manually performed! I like the
sound you get from doing that on two loopers that doesn't quantize the
commands. Takes a good timing to do it right.  And it looks cool as
well. When sitting on a chair doing that rapid double footwork you
look like a human cannon ball ready to get fired right at the
audience. Love it! I had a similar "mental cartoon" experience from
watching Jeff Kaiser sitting on a chair, trumpet in mouth and legs
spread out to frenetically manipulate two expression pedals. While
Rick looks like an armed human missile Jeff looks like an angry attack
duck surfing right towards you from a busy stream. Michale Peters
should crank out a Flash Cartoon on that! ;-)) in poisonous green and
angry red colors with some nasty small details in black.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen - www.perboysen.com