Re: OT Tremelos, Choppers and Panners

Great Post,   Mark.

I've got to check out your new box.
I looked for the Red Effects one but they are very rare over hear and
hella expensive,
I imagine from you paid for yours.

I remember,  mentioning the Electric MoFX, when a lot of guitarists I knew
were unimpressed by it because the effects were very perfunctory and not
special.

As a drummer, however,  the ability to play those large Momentary buttons
that you can either assign to take the effect off when momentarily pressed
or to put it on , momentarily when momentarily pressed and the fact that
Electrix really designed those large buttons very robustly (so many drum
machine
buttons and those pesky EDP buttons just can't take drummistic abuse)
made this unit very exciting to me.

It's been a long time since I just did a straightforward groove gig,  but
I hang on to that box and the Filter Factory against the day when
I go out into the territory again.........funny,  I"ve grooved heavily
all of my life
as a studio musician and as a performer and the past 5 or 6 years of my
life
have just not taken me to that space.    It's still in me and I still
really think
a lot like a drummer and am excited about drummistic things.

Speaking of the devil,  the Filter Factory can also be set up with radical
fillters and then 'played' in an intelligent Tremelo fashion.

Towards that end, I've spent a lot of time with my Rhythm Intensive
material learning
how to 1st,  identify a rhythm and then,  2)  quickly identify what it's
negative rhythm is
(given that everything is being played in relatively quantized feels).

This of course, has been efficacious as a producer for using side
Chained noise gates that
are frequency controlled to make a track "PUMP" the rhythm you want it
to play.
(you know....program the negative linear rhythm on a drum machine and
have it drive
a overcompressed Droney Synth or Guitar so that the instrument being
effected will
appear to play the ostinato you want it to play.

This is Tremelo-istic as well.

*****
While we are at it,   the new KAOSS 3 pad has a lot of abilities to do
this kind of material.
I just don't know mine enough to give it a proper review
here..............Any takers?

******
Oh, and while we are talking about physical
Tremelos..................it's always fun to
play a volume knob or pedal on a guitar,   or a pedal controlling
feedback in an EDP or Looperlative,
or using no input to REPLACE in both of those instruments (I"m sure
Mobius too, but again, I don't use it)
******

I still have plans on the table for the Walker Manual Glitch Pedal
which will
have a switch (pass all sound/pass no sound)  and four EDP styled
momentary switches
so one can positively create rhythms out of ambient or even abstract
loops or
to manually chop or glitch them.

Someday!     In the meantime if Bill is reading,  he figured out a
really novel approach to do that.