Re: OT: an unpleasant buzz

Zoe,

The lower end "Rack Rider" (under $50.00) are just that . . . glorified
power strips.

I've owned a few of those, because because they ARE convenient (and tidy)
if you have a big rack.

But if you want "power conditioning" you gotta look at the more expensive
models that offer that feature . . . not just "spike protection".

For that you will likely spent 5x that much.

Furman gear is tough and well made though.

That's about all I can say to recommend them though.

If you're at NAMM go to their booth and talk to a fellow named Steve Rose.

If you do, tell him Ted Killian says hello (former work colleague of mine).

There are plenty of other brands out there too . . . Furman is by no means
the best.

Probably the most affordable though.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims
he intends to eat until he eats them. – Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)

http://www.pfmentum.com/PFMCD007.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://guitarplayer.com/article/y2k6-international-live/Jun-07/27768

Ted Killian's "Flux Aeterna" is also available at Apple iTunes