Re: New virtual guitar amps and effects in GarageBand

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM, L.Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> wow i just went to the website the simulations sound amazing even better
>than guitar rig!!!
> How is Garage Band in terms of making professional recordings,effects
>etc? are established software products like sonar and cubase much better
>opr flexible? i havent really bother to play around with it since i
>bought the mac because i assumed since its a free product that is more
>intended for beginners karaoke type,but after seeing it online being
>controlled with the icontrol it looks so nice and  easy to use that is
>tempting!

GarageBand is not as flexible as a full DAW, but if you know what you
are doing you can produce as good sounding results. Some professionals
start song writing in GarageBand and import the session into Logic for
sweetening and mixing. I've done that and learned that the importing
works out well without problems.

Per