Re: OT: StringPort for polyphonic guitars

Warren Sirota wrote:
> hmm - that's good news about the piezos for me, if true!

:-)

I bet it depends a lot on which piezo p/u you use.

> with stringport, there's no reason to think that the latency would be
> worse than on a stand-alone guitar synth, imo (of course, some people
> find this unacceptable, but I find with the right guitar it's pretty
> darn low)- you have the same processes going on there, just in one box.

here's my reason, from the website :-

"StringPort brings the actual sound of each string into the computer as an
audio signal, where sophisticated analysis algorithms to extract a
string’s
sonic properties with low latency and high resolution."

so the latency is greater than a hardware Midi converter
which doesn't have to buffer the audio in and out of a pc/mac.

andy