Re: IK Stealth pedal could be a compact alternative to FCB1010

At 8:15 AM -0800 1/16/09, Art Simon wrote:
>http://www.ikmultimedia.com/stealthpedal/features/
>
>It's an expression pedal that connects to the computer via USB and it
>has inputs for two switches and one more expression pedal. (It's also
>an audio interface).
>
>This looks like it could be the small form factor controller FCB1010
>alternative that some people were looking for. Price is reasonable,
>$139, but you'd have to shell out for some switches. I'll probably get
>one : )

It does look pretty interesting.

One possible warning light though: I've got IK's StealthPlug.  I
grabbed it hoping for a nice compact solution to plugging a
(probably-stringed) instrument directly into a laptop without an
external interface.  The audio quality is okay, but it's noisy as
hell.  I complained to IK's support, and their response was merely
"well, what did you expect for under $100".

As a control device, I think the StealthPedal should be pretty cool.
But if you've any aspirations to use it as an audio interface, I'd
have second thoughts and check it out thoroughly, based upon those
StealthPlug experiences.

Also, Art, where did you find that $139 price?  I'm on the
IKMultimedia site now and it's giving me $269.99/Eur199.99.  :(

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."