Re: Steppophonic Looperformer - please steal this!

Very cool!

This doesn't look very difficult, the UI would be the hardest part.
What's more important Steppophonic or an AU Mobius :-)

 >> if instead of physically placing ALL the beats onto the grid (or
 >> grids, if you are switching between) why not use some element of
 >> randomness, like a probability value to place 10% swing factor on
 >> beats?

If you let the resolution of the grid be set very high, it becomes less
like a step sequencer and more like an ordinary sequencer.  So if you
play keyboard well you could use fine resolution and enter patterns
with as much swing as you want.

 > If I can just find a sampler that will let you sample into RAM in
 > real-time from an audio input there is already a finsihed sequencing
 > machine for it in Numerolgoy.

That's interesting too and very simple.  I would imagine a Max hacker
could do one of those in a day.  Control parameters could be as
simple as this:

   triggerChannel - notes received on this MIDI channel trigger the
sample,
     rate adjusted relative to middle C

   recordEvent - any MIDI event with channel to start/stop recording
   resetEvent - any MIDI event with channel to clear the sample

And of course:

   undoEvent - revert to the previous sample
   redoEvent - undo an undo

Jeff