Re: Steppophonic - could this work?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Jeffrey Larson <jeff@zonemobius.com>
wrote:> [Per Boysen]
>> But I actually don't know about any other looper than the EDP than can
>> work like that - in "sampler mode" only spitting out one note at any
>> given rate/speed pitch. But that would still not work for a pattern
>> that uses three or four overlapping notes. Four EDPs? Hmm... Can
>> Mobius be set to play a sampled note just once?
>
> Yes, set Sampler Style to Once and use the Retrigger function
> in a !spread script combined with rate shift.  But as you say that
> doesn't work for overlapping notes.
>
> I don't think it's possible to do exactly what you want with
> existing parts, we might get close but it would be hard to configure
> and the UI would be hard to use.
>
> Jeff

Yes, most things are possible. The challenge is to do it in an elegant
way that gives a usable tool.

I once built "a virtual extended EDP" in Ableton Live by setting up a
complex routing of all kind of triggable MIDI clips containing control
data for a couple of Augsustus Loop plug-ins. I almost got close (!)
to my real EDP, but it took a lot of time and effort and the monster I
ended up with felt quite fragile because of the big amount of explicit
routings (good thing with a coded plug-in is that all those
meat-and-potato routings are hidden).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se