Looping - MIDI Foot Controller alternatives

> Since I'm new to the thing I would like to hear what you guys say about
>the Roland and the Behringer and others and what their advantages &
>disadvantages are.

Tobi,

the big advantage of the Behringer is its price. The big disadvantage
is its form factor; for a number of reasons, its width is impractical
for a lot of applications (try to fit it into a typical travel
suitcase or flightcase).
There is the Gordius, which is basically a beefed up Behringer in a
better package and at a higher price.

As Krispen recently said, best thing though is not to use any
controller at all and have your computer run on autopilot ;).

For further info, I suggest you search the archives.

          Rainer

(owner of two FCB1010, and considering a Gordius).