Re: nerds with toys

I really dont give a shit, what people do on stage... if its sounds good, and I KNOW it is live... I think its exiting.. I know the feeling of butterflies in the stomach only too well, and... well...  to be honest, I get them whenever I watch someone else play live too!!! I´m feeling for them...

The only time I feel a bit iffy about the "e-mail checkers" is if I suspect that they are really just playing a sound file. And I´ve had that thought about DJ´s for years. Especially the high end ones... Im sure theres a sneaky CD playing the whole mix somewhere out of sight...

The only person I care about whether live looping is boring to watch live or not, is ME!!!
I HATE it when I´m just tweaking a knob here or there... its one of the reasons I dont go lappy.. I feel, at least they can SEE me turn a knob and hear a change... Im always hurrying my live performances, come on come on, do something else.. you are just sitting there.. when at home, and recording, I would happily leave a loop going for a couple of minutes to get the head nodding going...sorry...  I mean the contemplative hypnotic meditative state...

Anyway, anyone in the area of Oslo next week, Im supporting John Weise US noise guy at Blå... come down for some good head-nodding, while you watch me sit on a chair, and turn knobs slowly..

http://www.blaaoslo.no/060209.asp

cheers

Mark.

--