Re: RE nerds with toys

Rick Walker wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> "I couldn't find anything in the original article to say that
> livelooping can be anything other than building up layers.
>
> If anything, that's the myth that hurts us by turning off potential
> listeners."

hi Rick,
this wasn't intended as a criticism of the article per se,
rather to point out that it doesn't address the points raised
by the mailman guy.
It's a nice article, I'm glad to see it mentioning the local
guys and identifying the use of live looping by established acts.
You're quite right, there's certainly no cause to be picky
about what publicity we can muster, and that's indeed
a very fine piece of publicity.

> It will mean that the people putting on looping festivals will,
> eventually be able to get economic sponsors
> to actually pay all the people who pay out of their pockets to present
> their amazing music to the world.

Surely that's more likely to come about if we can somehow explain
that we have something to offer other than that which is already presented
by
mainstream artists...says Andy, aged 47.

keep up the good work
andy butler