Re: Fripp looping for windows

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>http://www.elephant-talk.com/wiki/Interview_with_Robert_Fripp_in_Guitar_Player_(sidebar_article)

Thanks, a lot of interesting reading there! Like the talking about "an
instrument becoming a new instrument in its own right". What I like
the most from RF is the early Crimson stuff. I bought Red already in
-75 and still like that Big Muff styled guitar sound ("Starless" for
example). But I always thought it was a bit of a shame that they
brought in Mel Collins but then he and Fripp never played melody lines
together in the songs. I wished they would have done that instead of
just throwing in a sax solo here and there in songs (but note that
this was well taken care of in Prince Rupert Awakes on the album
Lizard, that I think was recorded pretty close in time). He didn't
talk much about that period, maybe it was still too close in time when
the interview was done?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se