Re: OT - Portland, SLC, El Paso venues

On Feb 7, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Daryl Shawn wrote:

> any insight into loop/experimental-friendly venues in Portland OR

Hi Daryl

No real insights. There seems to be no experimental scene really.
Some experimental stuff goes on at the university PSU and at Reed
College occasionally.

Holocene and Doug Fir Lounge do unusual musics but they do seem to
like bands rather than solo and they do like known acts, Elliott
Sharp played Doug Fir.

Small low key Mississippi Pizza does solo stuff. There is also
Mississippi Records, no connection I think.
I've seen the names Sodo and Le Gong associated with experimental
music venues but not sure how often they do such or if they even
still exist. The economy is certainly thinning opportunities.

You might dig thru the archive at:
http://portlandeyeandearcontrol.blogspot.com
and see if anything looks interesting.

I'll keep my eye out for possibiliites