GIG info Juana Molina/Bill and Rick Walker Santa Cruz RIOTHEATRE 2/14 VALENTINE's DAY

He y'all,

Bill and I are proud to announce that we will be opening for the
wonderful Argentinan looper/singersongwriter  *Juana Molina* on *Valentines
Day * at the *Rio Theatre *in *Santa Cruz, California*,  next *Saturday,
2/14*

I saw Juana the first time opening for the Swedish singer/songwriter,
Jose Gonzalez
in San Francisco and then drove up there again to see her (and that's a
3 hour round trip
for us) to see her headling Yoshi's in SF.

She's really amazing.........combining acoustic guitar and beautiful
whimsical songs with
really unusual synthesizer and found sound elements woven in to make a
very magical effect.
She uses live looping extensively in her set.  I love her music so am
very excited for
the chance to play there and to meet her.

In Bill's project,  *New Delta*,  we will both be mining the territory
that we began mining at the Y2K8 loofestival
combing stylistic elements of harmony, melody and rhythm from the Nile
Delta,
the Ganges Delta,  the Yantzte Delta and the Mississippi Delta with
modern electronic
psychedelic sensibilities.

If you didn't catch that performance,   please come check us out.
Bill's doing just beautiful stuff on lap steel guitar with his LP-1
firmly in control
and I'll be doing all kinds of , hopefully tasetful, ,craziness to
accompany him.

Please come up and say hi if you can make it.   And Bay Area loopers,
this one really is
worth the drive.  You'll thank me if you make it.