Re: OT: Frequency of SPAM

 >mark francombe
 > to Loopers-Delight

>>  lightbulb...

Indeed, all the Google stuff excel in collaborative team work! I've
been doing a couple of music tour sponsorship applications as well as
collaborative writings together with other people and the Google's
calendar and shared documents really speed up that work. And you also
get the full RSS comaptibility - meaning you're in line with www2 just
fine. In my Google Calendar I keep one public layer for gig
announcements and this particular RSS feed can be piped to show up
inside nice sidebars at my web pages. I have no hopes MS will ever get
that shit working in Office ;-)   I used MS Office too, but not any
more. There's already too little time around for doing a proper
planning of future activities. I do not understand how some people can
throw away more time by using the slow tools or avoid some good tools
because "someone might be eavesdropping". I don't care about adds
either, since I never read them. If they pay for free and awesome
tools I'm fine with running stuff with these free tools.

I've been syncing cell phone, calendars and address book with Apple's
system lately and it has been very good. But only up to yesterday,
when one older Mac dropped its iSync functionality. So I'm thinking
about going all Google now and think that may even be more efficient.

Ouch.... Mark, you bring back horrible memories from the past....
Eudora, analog phone modems... gah! I was doing computer aided
sociological research back when there were no personal computers - you
had to submit piles of paper to a centralized computer coding station!
Then you were lended a "modem" to type in what jobs you want to have
run against the database and the day after the printed paper lists
were ready for you to pick up at the computing central. Horrible, but
also cool ;-) (definitely more Ph K Dick quality to life back then,
LOL)   But thinking about meeting a person downtown in the pre
cellphone era... looking back it feels as ninety percent of my life
back then was poured into feverish activities in order to optimize all
these poo-ish logistics. Today I simply move my sight three degrees
left and check the Skype box to make the best decision on
prioritization, while not even having to interrupt the present work
flow. It's a lot better now. A lot.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se