Re: Appreciating this Home was New W......

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
Miko wrote:
" If looping isn't the buzzword in Portland, consider a different label—Newmuse; Deep Cover; Sonic-Art; Experimental (there it is again); Art-Groove; Psychedelic, etc. Be subversive!"

I honestly have to strongly disagree with Miko (who I care about a lot and respect immensely).

snip! . . .  Viva la difference!  I agree Rick, that if your top goal is to promote "live looping", then that's definitely the way to go.  You have my total respect and support in all you do and I'm a huge admirer.  You successes are probably the most efficient model available.

However, we all have our own agendas and demons that must be served, and find my focus more on general songwriting—looping functions as a part-time tool, so I'm interested in a broader, less-defined demographic.  It would be much easier for me to say I'm singularly aligned with the Live Looping movement, but it's just one of many interests for me.  My eclecticism frequently gets the better of me as you well know.

This IS Loopers Delight though, and I apologize for proposing a broader, less singularly defined approach.  8-)