Re: basic Bidule question

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> in my case, the Midi Switcher seems more like what I need - I have one
>midi
> input signal (from a midified guitar) that goes to 4 different vst
> instruments, but of course I don't want all of them at once. The midi
> switcher seems to always switch on one of them, switching the others off.

If you want to use one VST MIDI instrument at a time, while taking the
others off the CPU load - then the AudioSwitch is the tool to use. It
does this switching on/off of Processing Mode also for MIDI VST
instruments (and AUs as well).

I lost some time trying to set that up with the MIDI Switcher object,
but had to rethink and use an AudioSwitcher instead. The somewhat
confusing naming makes sense if you think that the point is to switch
off the audio function in the MIDI driven virtual instrument.

> I was not successful so far programming the Nanokontrol buttons for that
> though ... they produce an on signal when pressed and an off signal when
> released, so they don't work as a toggle but as a momentary switch ...
>maybe
> they can be reprogrammed with the Korg software which I haven't looked at
> yet.

You should be able to lead the MIDI through a couple of Bidule objects
that makes that momentary Nano signal toggle. Don't remember it out of
the top of my head but it is in the manual and easily searchable at
the Bidule forum since there has been a lot of threads on that.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com