Re: Re: EDP problem / new Midi controllers?

Travis wrote: "You can troubleshoot the footswitch by connecting a multimeter and
reading the resistance values of each switch.  The values are in the
archives and on the LD site.  Cleaning can help, but yes, eventually
they need to be replaced.  They are cheap and available from Mouser
(and others).  That info is also archived/on the site.

What you want to see are steady resistance values when you depress a
switch.  If it jumps around, the EDP gets confused.  Dirty or worn
switches will do this, and you'll probably note that it happens to the
most commonly used switches--Record, Overdub, Next, etc."

Good hint. I bought new switches cheap at neuhold-elektronik.at in Austria and keep a stash of them at hand. In this case my old footcontroller worked fine with the Obie EDP but not with the newer BF Gibson. Also I had these problems in my first three sessions with the Gibson. BUT: after my call for advice I keep powering it up four or more time per day, try to provoke the bug - and it just works fine. I'm puzzled but start to think it will be alright now.

Travis wrote: "Or, you can buy an FCB.  However, it's switches eventually fail also.
I'm not sure that I've seen an easy fix for that."

I wish there was a compact, reliable, lightweight Midi solution for this. No clumsy Behringer stuff for me, please! I use a combination of the analog footcontroller and a Kenton Spin Doctor (velcroed on top of the EDP) for Midi # control of Halfspeed etc. Any new controllers on the market? I am fascinated by that bring-a-Mini-Mac-and-controll-it-with-your-IPhone thing!