Re: First post - newbie advice wanted

A lot of people who loop don't use pre-recorded loops, they make them
on the spot.  When the EDP was first introduced, memory was really,
really expensive (around $800 for 16MB--that's MEGAbytes, not
Terabtyes), and neither USB nor Firewire had been invented yet, so
there weren't cheap high-speed storage technologies available for
musical gear.  Keyboardists were lugging around Zip disks and big,
slow SCSI drives.

The EDP has tons of performance-oriented features that have been
developed over several versions of the software which make it really
good for improv style looping, and less so for band-minus-one type
applications, which is where the JamMan pedal really shines.

TH