Re: GAIN STRUCTURE

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> I dont think my effects are ACTUALLY phono level.. as in turntable
> level..(god you are right about the peater having a dedicated socket-
>blimey
> they chucked alot of useless stuff onto that machine...)

As a desperate act of making it non useless I was actually planning to
borrow an analog record player,  connect it to my Repeater through
that input socket and then connect a computer digitally and finally
digitize all my vinyl records so I can listen to them. This beautiful
projects died because of lack of time. I ended up downloading my old
vinyl record's music from the internet.

> How do I know its at 0 db? Surely the numbers on the knob are purely
> arbitary (this one goes to eleven?)...

Key word is CALIBRATION. First thing to do on any audio system you
start working on is to calibrate at least one part of it to give a
correct nominal level readout for an analog signal. Maybe you already
have appropriate tools for that in your computer/soundcard?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com