Re: GAIN STRUCTURE

BLIMEY.. this thread went on an on!!! Ive learnt so much actually!!

funnily enough my problem (distortion and hiss) is probably much simpler than most envisage here.

Yes I do have a Vortex... PRE-ceded by various stomps, they change with the ebbing tide and the phases of the moon. The Vortex stays, like a dusty old grandmother farting and spluttering in the far distant reaches of my rack.

The sound at my mixer, of the guitar is fine... clean, and loud.. but the edps, that are in the aux send... and each go thru an effect to return to a chanel, are poor sounding... there is my probelm.. but I am now off to the studio (first few mins free for 5 days) to take the effects out of the chain and start from scratch..