Re: NUGGETS of WISDOM for LOOP TOURING

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/?postversion=2008050109

It depends on what you mean by "subsidy".  The US certainly doesn't have the sort of government price controls on gasoline that Mexico or Saudi have.  Big companies get tax breaks everywhere, and oil companies are certainly large enough to take advantage of any loopholes regarding moving various offices to where they can get a better tax rate.

Europe really does tax the hell out of gasoline compared to the US.  It's a policy decision, and it works in tandem with the rest of their taxation system.

Also, doing a direct USD-to-whatever comparison adds in the current relative strength of the currencies in question.

TH