EDP BOTHER SYNCH!!! (sic)

Specifically directed at Andy and Mattias... but anyone else free to chip in..

So I just got my new EDP from Andy at straight Edge... and to be honest I think I have a turkey... but Ive been known to make a fool of myself before, not often but on occasion.
I obviously am trying to Brother synch them. Now first I had a problem where the new edp would not come on IF Brother synch cable was connected... just Black Screen. THEN I found out that by switching on the old one first, waiting for boot up THEN switching on the new one, it would work (and had 1, yes ONE... happy evening brother looping (but a tad distorted and hissy, hence HUGE other thread)) BUT NOW... I cant get New EDP to come on at all (as long as Brother synch is connected) its ok stand alone... but I dont want that... do I?

Now Andy assured me that he had run the unit thru soak (testing???) so its should be ok... is there something funny about using midi at the same time? Is this the usual "re-seat the ram" thing??? (Ive never had to do that with the old one - infact I always wondered why people said EDP was prone to trouble, cos mine never has been... just this funky new one)

Is there any known bugs with Brother Synch?
Whats wrong guys, or should I just send it back to Andy?

Mark

PS: Ive already waited a MONTH for this one, cos the courier company lost the first one... and StraightEdge sent me another one...

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094