Re: vst compressors

For that particular application of compression I can recommend
Sonalksis SV-315. It's not free but well worth the money. It gives a
slight coloring of the sound similar to what you get from analog
equipment. A good point with this compressor is that it does all its
work within the plug-in buffer, which means it does not add extra
latency to the signal chain (good for Bidule users). If you buy a
license you're not only getting the VST for both Windows and Mac but
also the AU for Mac. I bught it together with their eminent EQ SV-517
and have been using them for years in Numerology, Bidule and Live on
both Mac and Windows. With Logic and MainStage I use the Logic
compressors that are equally good but more transparent sounding.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com