Re: OT: monstrous Racks (of GEAR)

> Well, there is actually a logical application for that, if he wants to
> work with multi tap delay and have better control over each delay line
> than you get with the classic tape delay machines.

He doesn't use his 'Tide for delays. He uses his trusty army of 2290s
and SDD 3000s instead..

> And I definitely see an interesting opening for the harmonizer in that
> context - but I agree with you that The Edge rarely has been heard
> playing harmonizer pitched sounds... So maybe he uses the harmonizer
> for a chorus effect?

Not so. He has a trademark "shimmer" sound that involves pitch
shifting. Other songs with pitch shifting: Even Better Than the Real
Thing, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own,  Beautiful Day,
Miracle Drug--and several others. Plus, pitch shifting is all over the
new album. He does apparently use the 'Tide for backwards delays in
some songs--City of Blinding Lights, and the newer intro. to One.

Also, the main reason his rig is NASA-like is because he wants to
replicate his album tones (over the span of nearly 30 years--and
that's a lot of gear). But at any particular moment, his signal chain
may (I stress the word *may* lol) be fairly short.

Just sayin'. ;)

Jeff