Re: choosing between these soundcards for laptop

yes you are right,but i use the soundcard in the aux send of the mixer and
dont use its preamps so i just use its stereo outs,i use the mackie
because live is a lot more intuitive getting my hands on a board accessing
their eqs aux sends etc. than clicking with a mouse or scrolling a digital
wheel just to turn levels down, however yes the motu seems ideal for any
situation specially playing Y2K looping festivals;-)in worst case you can
still use it as a stand alone and have the FX etc.so look out you might
see me with one at the festivals!
the lack of midi in the Apogee and no Windwos support hast just killed it
for me!
cheers
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom