Re: OT That 'sizzle sound' of Mp3s

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Paul Richards
<paulrichard_rocks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I much prefer listening to a CD even with its limitations

Yup, me too - as for the fidelity that is. I don't like listening to
CD's at all and vinyl are worse in my book; both formats being very
impractical to handle physically. I mostly listen to digital files
with CD equal quality, the Apple Lossless format that I rip all my
records in. On the iPod it takes half as much space as raw CD audio
format but without any change in sound.

> George Ludwig to Loopers-Delight
>
> I don't think one can discuss mp3 sound quality without referencing a
>bit rate. At 96kbps, it's crappy. At 120kbps, it sounds just OK. At
>320kbps, it sounds pretty damn good.
>
> Mp3 is not the problem, IMO. It's the bit rate.

Not really. AAC actually sounds better at the same bit rate, if you
have to compress music.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se