RE: new mac mini with fw800 ... hoooorra!

> But the above scenario is what I fear and computers just have screwed
> up too often for me to trust them without screen+keyboard.

If I were to take a MacMini around, I would have something like
this handy.

  http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/special/IN-700VG.htm

I've also seen some "gamer" portable monitors.  They're kind
of hard to find, I guess it's a niche market.  Most of these
seem to be made for embedded use, like car DVD players.

Jeff