Re: MASTER LIST of Least Costly Live Looping Solutions

L.Angulo wrote:
> sooooo here is another contender with dual switches:
>

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCKLh09zVI&feature=PlayList&p=BF6F02B1D094378C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3
>
> www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Nooooo....not another guitarist demoing an echo   :-)

Probably too expensive at £310,
but looks interesting so downloaded the manual.

1) Manual won't download from site with I.E. , used Firefox... must be mac
boys then :-)

2) From the manual "For the Looper, feedback is meaningless and so Fdbk A
is used as a Decay Rate control for dubbing. "
   ...heart sinks to hear such talk, there's even an used knob available
which could be used for FB

3) short looptime, but extendible at lower quality

"Speed/Varispeed: When the Loop is Empty, the Speed control lets you
select the record speed. The choices are: [SPD:2X] – Double speed. At this
record speed, the maximum loop length is 6 seconds. [SPD:1X] – Normal
speed. At this record speed, the maximum loop length is 12 seconds.
[SPD:1/2] – Half speed. At this record speed, the maximum loop length is
24 seconds. [SPD:1/4] – Quarter speed. At this record speed, the maximum
loop length is 48 seconds. "

4) this is more like it

"After a loop is recorded, Varispeed controls the speed of Loop playback
over a three octave range from two octaves down (25%) to one octave up
(200%). Play Speed resolution is dependent on the setting of the Depth
control"

5) Actually, the looper has 3 buttons, so easy to use.
OD can be set to TOG or SUS, and if you'd rather you can set it to replace
rather than OD.

6) Seems to have a re-trigger button.

The looper function in this unit reminds of the DL4,
except you don't get a delay as a bonus while you're looping.
I'd guess they looked at the DL4 when designing it.

As single loop looper with varispeed and replace it looks very useable,
and it appears to be midi controllable.
..but at the price it's not exactly a bargain as a looper.

In one of the vids, someone appears to be post processing the loop with
the delays, couldn't
find that in the manual.

andy butler

>>> 2) overdub