LD Mailing list archive tips

Here's the LD archive where you can search for stuff.

http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/wilma/LDarchive

The archive has a well deserved reputation for not finding what you want,
just typing a word gets you way over the 50 hit limit, you just get the
50 oldest matches.
Putting in two words with space between might be expected to refine the
search...it doesn't...you'll get nothing.

So here's the format for refining the search

An example,
if I wanted to search for patches for  the Lexicon Vortex
I'd type
vortex;patches

note: the semicolon is the way that you tell the search engine to only
find posts
with both words in, equivalent to "AND" or "&".

Don't follow the link to "help on patterns", that used to work once, but
will now
lead you to a site where you'll spend quite some time to find the info,
and when
you do it's totally wrong ( completely different search program afaik).

If you know the email of someone who'se likely to have posted good info,
then
that can be used in the search too.

edp;soundfnr

as my old email was soundfnr@aol.com, that search neatly brings up my
first EDP posts,
...amazing how much I got wrong about the edp :-)

Scrolling down the search page, there's "Restrict Matched Files" where
you can select the date by CTRL+click on as many
months as you want in the listbox.

"Max Files Returned" defaults to 50 hits , if you really want loads of
info, you can put it up all the way to 1000.

andy butler