Twisted System

OK, there are still modifications being made, but I have a stable
system involving Mainstage, Live and SooperLooper all glued together
by the Jack audio router and MIDI patchbay sw. I could not get
Mainstage to host any looper reliably, so I'm running SL standalone.
First loop generates clocks, everyone follows. Mainstage fx are all
synced to the loop, incoming guitar signals are totally MS-ified,
while incoming GR-33 synth sounds are only processed insofar as they
are partially routed through the synced-echo bus.  A diagram of the
setup: http://www.warrensirota.com/Looper/TwistedSystem.gif

My "big idea", still somewhat nascent, is to have Live be a MIDI
processor - interpret midi notes from my guitar synth, and use them to
(a) generate arpeggiated sequences of notes synced to the loop clock,
(b) maybe trigger some preset sequence elts, like a stream of
16th-notes intended basically for a high-hat-like sound, but which
add'l processing of the midi stream (c) realtime midi looping,
possibly with quantization. Right now, I'm only doing (a), and sending
the midi notes back to mainstage for rendering. I have a modest
example at
http://www.ubetoo.com/Index.taf?_PageId=11216&Title=Jungle-Harpsichord&Artist=Warren-Sirota.