Re: do any slave sync?

Bob Amstadt wrote:
> The LP1 doesn't really stop loops when you hit stop.  Instead it just
> mutes them.  So, when you hit play, it will continue to be in sync.

that's nice,
but I don't think it answers Luis question,
more explanation below.

> thanx Bob so what would happen if u recorded a loop while syncing a drum
> box and you started the loop a bit off either too early or late? I seem
> to recall that the EDP did some sort of quantization though its been a
> long time since i dont use it like that anymore.
>
> www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Luis,
did the edp sync ok for you?

The edp would have started to record exactly when you pressed record,
and would have rounded the length of the loop to fit the incoming midi.
So edp start point can be displaced against the start point of the midi bar
by any arbitrary amount, and it will stay synced. The recorded audio is
kept
precisely in time, irrelevant of where the the loop startpoint is.
You wouldn't notice the displacement unless you re-triggered the loop.

I've no idea if the Looperlative does that.

andy