Re: ProTools and Bootcamp

J Johans wrote:
> having issues.....still researching....but thought one of you might
> have experience with this-
> simply put, im trying to run PT 7.4 on a macbook pro under bootcamp XP
> SP3-
> getting an error message about data underflowed during
> record/playback......... the only straight answer i can get is that PT
> is simply not supported under bootcamp... but it works for many
> people, just trying to figure out why not for me -
> any help appreciated...... i know this is a looping forumn... but more
> importantly its an incredible database of people who have been doing
> this longer than ive been alive =D
I'm glad to hear that turning off your wireless fixed your problem.  My
question, however, is why run under Bootcamp when it will run under OS
X?  I just bought one of the new iMacs and an M-Audio Firewire 1814.
Theoretically, I should be able to load in PT8, plug in the iLock and
1814, and my migration from Dell laptop running WinXP should just work.
When time allows, I plan on giving it a try.

Cheers,

Bill