Re: new pedal in town

van Sinn wrote:
> andy butler wrote:

>>> The manual is available from digitech; look in discuntinued products.

indeed.

this is looking very interesting

>>> It's a complex device.  Two inputs, four outputs, an effects library,
>>> and everything routable just about any which way you want.
>>

>> does it have a panner (not an autopanner)
>
> I believe so, not 100% sure though

yep, it has Mixers.

Looks like it's possible to connect any fx input to any fx output.

>> outputs on XLR?
>
> No, TSR only

balanced?
(I'm guessing it's compensated earth)

>>> The envelope follower means effect parameters can be controlled by
>>

>> so I guess that's assignable to any parameter.
>
> Yes, and IIRC, it can be linked to control more parameters at a time.
> Also, the fully programmable noise gate can be used to ramp-up effects.
>
> I forgot to mention the TSR-24S (dual DSP) has ring-out and ramp-up,
> meaning what's already in memory will ring out when canging presets, and
> the new preset can be programmed to gradually ramp-up, even with a
> pre-delay.  Allows for interesting smooth transitions.
> This model also has a (simple) 4 sec looper ;)

that's the Sampler, right.
Presumably the loop length has to be pre-defined.

> They can often be had at a good price on evilbay.  Just notice that
> single-DSP models cannot any longer be updated to dual.  Digitech
> stopped that year ago, and Dieter from Germany, who reverse engineered
> those modules cannot get the DSP's anymore.
> I was the first to get the PPC-210 for the TSR-24 and proofread the
> manual/instructions.

Right, but from what I read it looks like the PPC-210 isn't standard
for the TSR-24S

> It's still possible to update the software to the latest version to have
> faster preset swiching and improved whammy operation.
> http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/tsr24/tsr24-main.htm  has it all -
> except that the PPC module is out of production.

Cheers, thanx for that.
I think I'd need the PPC for that ringout/ramp up feature.

> He's a busy man..   also see http://www.chronotronix.com

valve clocks??

many thanks
andy
ps this looks like a duel to the death with Mark on ebay :-)