Re: Packing a laptop setup (with trombone) into bags

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Rainer Straschill
<moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
> in the meantime, I wait for the release of Live 8,
> which seems to contain some functionality of MAX/MSP, so this may just
> be the step in between for me.

Hey, Rainer - I'm looking forward to hear your take on Live 8!
Especially since you seem interested in invesing in the Max For Live
add-on to customize the whole shebang to your heart's delight.

I was just checking out the Live 8 beta last week and the new plug-in
"Looper" has a rock solid tempo master sync domination over the total
application. This means you can simply "hit record, make some noise
and hit record again" to  have Live follow the tempo set by that first
loop. From that moment you get the global tempo of Live to direct all
tempo dependent audio plug-ins, other loopers, MIDI sequencer loops or
whatever stuff you may have mocked up in Max For Live.

I don't think I will have a window to go fully into this nice new
looping rig opportunity, since I'm getting more busy over time with my
simple Mainstage-into-Mobius setup. And of course one strong point for
me is that I like the sounds I get out of chaining the Logic effects
together as Mainstage patches. Seems Apple swallowed me at last ;-)
Oh, well...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se