Re: OT That 'sizzle sound' of Mp3s

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Stefan Tiedje
<stefantiedje@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I never ever heard a sizzle in mp3's, and I know nobody who does.

The word "sizzle" might be misleading. What mp3 compression destroys,
in my listening experience, is rather the deep bass and general
definition of stereo image. I must say though that with the 256 kpbs
mp3 compression I think music sounds ok even played over my production
rig of active Genelec 8030 plus matched sub bass speaker (a different
listening situation than headphones). If using AAC as the compression
I think you get even better sound per kilobyte. Never the less I use
Apple's lossless format for archiving and listening. It is about half
the file compared to uncompressed WAVE or AIFF.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com