Re: Mobius, Stylus RMX, other choices. WAS: Early bird loopers with Live?

 > for hard on-the-beat sequencing of loop mangling I go for scripting
in Mobius.

Hm. Scripting in Mobius... sounds complicated but what isn't? I feel
there's got to be a great solution in here for me (finally). The
second I opened up Mobius (just now) and saw those familiar EDP
functions I knew it was a missing piece of the puzzle..

Between Mobius, Ableton Live 8, and Mainstage for software with a
Rocktron Midi Mate foot pedal  for starting and stopping RMX parts
individually as well as the EDP-like Mobius functions, a GCP for Live
clip/sceen functions (now that there's a Bome's midi translator for
mac), the x-tempo POK for various things like arrows, copy/paste, and
duplicate functions where it makes sense (so I don't have to bank up
and down all the time)---I think I'll finally be able to really nail
my system down:

--- Stylus RMX (along with others, but RMX as the base) for drums with
independent parts stopped and started via feet. (I think RMX is
acceptable live if it's played like an instrument w/ the feet.)
--- Trilogy (and logic sound modules if using Mainstage) via EWI or
Midi Guitar for bass (or a real bass ) layered over the drums
--- Then guitar, vocals, sax, or midi sounds from NI Kore, Motu's
Symphonic or Ethno instruments (among others) layered over the bass
and drums.
--- And, Livid Union with the Ohm controller and x-tempo POK (and
sometimes EWI and Midi Guitar) for live video trigger/manipulation.

Missing components were getting Stylus RMX to be foot controlled,
Bome's Midi Translator for mac and the x-tempo-POK to ease foot
control set up, and Mobius/Live8 for true software looping
functionality. All coming together now... it has to be.

I think we're a few months away from a demo of some sort, people!...
once I get everything playing well together.

(I'm excited so I thought I'd share.) When I truly figure out the best
set up and work flow (hardware, software, and musically speaking)  I
will pass it on in full detail.