Re: OT: making drum sounds out of not-drum sounds (e.g. ambient guitar/trombone stuff)

You may use a filter with resonance and cut-off controls. Most drum
sounds of "a kit" can be achieved out of any noise (even without the
need of any source sound, if your filter can go into self oscillation
at high resonance settings).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se