LOL ...I'll be speaking on the issues of digital preservation for virtual realities and online video games ... the conference is Libraries in the Digital Age. The only musical connection is my performances in Second Life ... *grin

Best,

Dennis

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Anders Bergdahl <anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dennis, just out of curiosity, what are you giving a paper on??

Regards,

Anders

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:46:43 -0600
Subject: Re: European Live Looping festivals (was: In Europe..)
From: sinsofmachaut@gmail.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

Hi Sjaak,

Unfortunately, all my travel plans were made, and paid, by the University, so I can't make any changes except to make day trips that I pay for ... which means I arrive in Paris too late to make the Antwerp show and leave too soon to get to Rome ...

Believe me, this is very frustrating, as I have been trying to plan some kind of performance tour for some time now. This speaking opportunity came about rather suddenly and unexpectedly (who could have guessed that my paper proposal would be accepted and the trip approved by my new employer?!), so it has been a mixed blessing.

I have some friends in Germany and the UK that I won't be able to see, as well.

Ah well ... such is life.

Best,

Dennis

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Sjaak <tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> Apparently, I will be one day too late to make it to Antwerp for the
> Festival there, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other events
> going on, specifically near Paris, Dubrovnik, or Zadar, between 23 May
> and 1 June?

Hi Dennis,
The dates for the 2 European Lie Looping festivals are:
- saturday May 30, 19:30 => Antwerp, organized by me
- saturday June 6, 22:00 => Rome, organized by Fabio Anile

The linup for both festivals is (imo) fantastic, we are all looking forward to it. Fabio will announce the details for the Rome festival soon.

I really hope you can work out a solution for because it would be a pity if you would miss one of them.

---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/
http://sjaakovergaauw.com/