Re: Ableton 8 tandem looping or RC50?

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> so, the bass player I play started using Ableton Live 8, finally
>embracing live looping.
> Now, the question is: How should we two loop?
> - Is it an option to loop together on the Live 8?

Yes, that's definitely possible! The computer would need an audio
interface that can give you guys one input each. Then you simply route
those two inputs audio into two looper plug-ins -  one each. And then
you make sure your two MIDI pedals are not sending the same events
over the same MIDI channel, when you assign who of you is going to
externally control what software function.

> - Does it make sense to connect to midi foot pedals to Ableton?

Yes. MIDI foot pedals is a powerful way of controlling whatever
processing done in Live.

> - Or should I just loop on my RC-50 (midi sync/no sync)?

Hard to tell you what you "should do". If you want to use the RC-50 I
assume the best setup would be to run it as the MIDI Clock sync slave
to Live.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen