Re: "MIDI looping" - Discrete Sequencing?

Per,

Nice track!  Inspiring -- makes me want to try a few things with my
sequencer, some cc event tracks, and my modular synth. :)

It does seem that looping tends to focus on capturing audio and, in
turn, replaying and manipulating the captured audio.  I've sometimes
wondered if to loop MIDI events (note and other) is outside of the
"aesthetic" of live looping -- I've never posed the question.  I've
just forged ahead with audio looping.

With some sequencing environments (such as Cubase), one cannot
separate the a note event from its corresponding velocity value -- a
definate disadvantage.  However, as you mention, one could loop
modulation data on a separate track and play it with another track
that contains the note data.

My (now vintage) Dr. T's software (KCS) had an interesting feature --
it would convert mod wheel values to velocity values and imbed them in
the note messages (this was so you could address velocity-sensitive
equipment from a fixed-velocity keyboard).  (I must admit, I miss the
KCS environment.)

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent (again) so I'll just hit <send> before I
go completely off into some other area.

-- Kevin