Re: Exploring new Loooperlative features

At 5:28 PM +0200 5/11/09, Sjaak wrote:
>  > Mech wrote:
>>  It's simple: record a line, then (for example) drop it down one
>>  octave.  This will slow the loop to half-speed at the same time.
>>  Now, run it through a pitch shifter, and transpose back up an octave.
>>  This will restore the loop to its original pitch, but it will remain
>>  at half-speed.  Obviously, other pitch/speed transpositions produce
>>  different results.
>
>That's a very creative solution, I never though about that ;)

Thanks, Sjaak.  Wish I could take full credit for it, but I first
heard it in a conversation with 'Knights...' over on the Looperlative
board.

I'd been working with using a pitch shifter on the Aux Outs for a
while.  When he brought up the idea of using that in conjunction with
the LP1's (then new) transposition function to achieve time
stretch/compress, I had a genuine "palm meets forehead" moment.

Seems stupid simple, but it's just one of those things you don't
realize until it smacks you in the face.  %)

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."