Re: [OT] Trivia: What is this composition called?

On May 14, 2009, at 7:25 AM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

Stockhausen is more the control freak, most unlikely....<<

Well, he was more into "composing" but he did do some aleatoric stuff and some oddball things like separated performer spaces:

.... in the Helikopter-Streichquartett (the third scene ofMittwoch aus Licht), completed in 1993. In it, the four members of a string quartet perform in four helicopters flying independent flight-paths over the countryside near the concert hall. The sounds they play are mixed together with the sounds of the helicopters and played through speakers to the audience in the hall. Videos of the performers are also transmitted back to the concert hall. The performers are synchronized with the aid of a click-track, transmitted to them and heard over headphones (Stockhausen 1996c, 215).
from Wikipedia

I suspect you are right that it is not Stockhausen, but I have a feeling it is not Cage either.

regards

BobC