Question about OSX audio routing

I have a question about routing audio inside OSX. I want to make sure I
don't create feedback loops or unnessesary audio connnections which
doubles the sound but I don't know enough about how the OSX audio routing
works. For example, it's strange or confusing that output from
applications like iTunes is automaticly routed to the main outputs of my
Motu, I can't route it to a specific audio output. Mainstage and Logic
however can be routed to any Motu output, no problem. I installed JackOSX
and with Jack you have more freedom to route your audio.

But what if you run both Mainstage and Bidule as host? Suppose I sent
Mainstage to output 3/4 of the Motu and I add a duplex audio device to
Bidule. I can now use the Mainstage output in Bidule, add effects etc and
route it to output 3/4 again. This works, but I'm wondering if Bidule
output 3/4 are mixed into and thus added to the original output 3/4 of
Mainstage yes or no. Or does Bidule operate at a lower level so Mainstage
and Bidule work in series?

Btw: could JackOSX add anything extra for a live looping situation?

Sjaak

---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/