Re: Sonuss G2M

Mark Sottilaro wrote:
> :shrug: I don't know.  I owned a Yamaha G50 and I noticed higher
> latency on lower notes.

Yes, it's still slower on the low notes.
Should have made it clear I wasn't disputing that.
Just overall faster than if it had to wait for a couple of cycles.
I'm pretty certain it's always going to be quicker to identify
a higher pitched note whatever method is used.

It's also quicker to guess the pitch if you already know the range,
so a hex p/u is always going to be faster.

> My biggest issue with all pitch to midi converts (hex and mono) is
> that they're all nice when you're clean picking, but try to do some
> subtle stuff like a hammer-on ghost note and watch the  yodeling
> begin. The G50 wasn't bad, but not perfect for sure.  In the end I
> just got frustrated and begain using my guitar for guitar sounds
> (crazy eh?) or heavily effected sounds.  Pod Farm has some awesome
> synth models that track almost perfectly if you're not playing chords.
>  Couple that with a Sustainiac or E-Bow and you're golden.

Me too :-)
tho' I didn't get on with any of the synth modellers I've
actually tried (Line6 + Behringer).

> Can you really get a G50 sub $100 these days?  Wow.  What was deluxe...

I got mine for 70 GBP a while back, and I saw one going for that
a couple of years ago.
The ebay one is 50 GBP starting price with 3 days to go.

andy