Re: thinking about moving from rack to laptop...advice please!

thanks for the reply andy

i've just spent the last hour messing about with bidule and got some nice results right away, although some of the more "advanced" options like sync and midi routing will take me a while to figure out. seems like it's the best option so far and the most flexible (and the most ugly!)

the main reasons for wanting to switch are that the rack is really heavy and i'm not getting any younger....and i really love what you can do with plugins these days...especially the audiodamage and sugar bytes stuff etc. way beyond what's available with hardware. also trying to sync lots of different bits of hardware and keep them synced is also a bit of a nightmare at times.

i'll keep researching....my rig sounds like the voice of god at the moment and there's a software update for the eclipse coming soon as well, so it'll take a fair amount of convincing to make me take the leap...but it's inevitable....eventually...

many thanks

sim